Skills & Talents
Links & Resources
Facts & Trends
Career Links & Resources
Sites with Non-Profit Career Information
Books on Non-Profit Career Exploration
Careers in the Arts
Careers in Education
Careers in the Environment and Green Things
Careers in Human Services and Social Work
Careers in International Development and Foreign Affairs
Careers in the Military
Careers in Museums and Zoos
Careers in Public Health
Careers in Social Causes and Justice
Careers with a Religious Angle
Ideas and Know-How
- Forces for Good: The Six Practices of High-Impact Nonprofits
- By Leslie Crutchfield and Heather McLeod Grant.
- If you work with a nonprofit as a staff member, volunteer or board member, you already know that nonprofit management is not as easy as it looks. The authors of this book agree. They studied nonprofits, the third largest industry in the U.S., for four years and identified 12 "exemplary" organizations that share six similarities in best practices.
- Managing the Non-Profit Organization.
- By Peter Drucker.
Drucker is one of the best known names in marketing and management.
Drucker provides guidelines and expert advice on how to manage a
non-profit organization effectively and efficiently. The book includes
interviews with 9 executives. You may also be interested in the audio
- By Peter Edels. New York, N.Y.: McGraw Hill, Inc. Edels provides secrets of
running a successful fundraising campaign. Specifically, he provides a
practical step-by-step down in the trenches look at fundraising.
to Raise Millions Helping Others, Having a Ball: A Guide to Fundraising
- By Carolyn Farb. Austin, Texas: Eakin Press. This fundraising
"cookbook" provides practical suggestions for the non-
profit marketer who has major responsibilities in fund-raising. Farb
has an easy to read book that caters to the practitioner.
Legal Guide to Starting and Managing a Non-Profit Organization.
- By Bruce Hopkins. New York, N.Y.: John Wiley and Sons.
- Hopkins examines the
non-profit organization from a legal standpoint. He provides detail
for every legal issue that a non-profit needs to consider.
Rich and Other Non-Profit Fantasies.
- By Richard Steckel, et. al., San Francisco, Ten Speed
Press. This is a book which tells you how to run a non-profit
successfully. Gives you a good background of how the whole non-profit